JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Uses of Oxi Bleach
This OXI² Pre-Wash was developed and tested to remove hardened stains and smells caused by urine on carpets. Mammalian excretions such as blood, faeces, urine etc. consist of a combination of
ammonia, bacteria, hormones, and uric acid.
As the urine breaks down, the ammonia concentration increases and sulphur-containing organic chemical substances known as mercaptans are then released.
- The chemical structure of Urea
The chemical structure of urea is written as (NH2)2CO. This means that two nitrogen-containing, ammonia-derived molecules are joined to a carbon molecule that has a double bond to an oxygen molecule.
Dog urine contains urea, creatine, uric acid, carbohydrates, enzymes, fatty acids, hormones, sodium, potassium, chloride, magnesium, calcium and ammonia.
- Animal related marks and stenches
When a dog smells another dog's urine, it can detect the hormones, such as oestrogen or testosterone that is present in the urine. That stimulates their reaction to mark or remark the area.
DO NOT CLEAN such affected areas with products containing ammonia. For urine turns as explained above, into ammonia, react then on a molecular level to the chemical structure, worsening the urine
stench as it releases it in a more concentrated form.
For the above reasons, the Pierre @ Dieregesondheid OXI² PRE -WASH stain remover was developed, whereby it uses oxygen to remove and break the particles down.
- BENEFITS OXI² PRE -WASH STAIN REMOVER (OXYGEN BLEACH
- No environmental hazards – breaks down to oxygen in your wash water
- Colour safe and fabric safe. It brightens colours
- Continual use will not cause yellowing or greying of cotton fabric
- Effective stain removal in a broad range of water temperatures
- Prevent fabrics from becoming yellowed or darkened
- Does not weaken the strength of fabrics like chlorine bleach
- In the laundry 02 Pre-Wash is used to de-stain, deodorize, and whiten. It is very effective as a laundry pre-soak for heavily stained articles
- LAUNDRY APPLICATIONS
- It is very effective as a laundry pre-soak for heavily stained articles
- For light soils: add 30ml (30g) of 02 Pre-wash with your laundry detergent per load. For moderate soils: use
- 60ml (60g) and for heavily soiled articles: use 120g (120ml)
- For whitening old linens and yellowed window shears, deodorizing and cleaning tennis shoes, or to get rid of yellow armpit stains on shirt, soak in 60ml (60g) of 02 Pre-Wash per 3.80-liter water for at least one hour, or overnight, then rinse.
- MIXING SOLUTION OF 02 PRE-WASH
Pierre @ D OXI² Pre-Wash will remain active for 5-6hrs, after which they should be discarded. Unused material may be poured down the drain. It will help clean and deodorize your disposal or toilet.
02 Pre-Wash is most effective when mixed and used in warm to hot water (65degrC)
- GENERAL CLEANING
- Mix 120ml (120g) of Pre-Wash in 3.8 litres of warm or hot water
- Heavy Cleaning: Mix 240ml (240g) in 3.8 litres of warm or hot water
- Soaks: Mix 60 – 120ml (120g) in 3.8 litres of warm or hot water
- Paste: Mix 30-60ml/g with just enough water to make a paste
- CARPET, CAPRPET PADDING, COUCHES, UPHOLSTERY
- To de-stain and deodorize carpet, start by mixing a general cleaning solution. Remove as much of the dirt or liquid as possible.
- Spray Pre-Wash solution on spot, work into area with a brush and let stand 5-10 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly by pouring fresh water over spot, blot up with a clean cloth or towel.
- Vacuum thoroughly when completely dry.
- Always test for color fastness before applying OXI² Pre-Wash.
- Carpet cleaning machines add 30ml/g per 3.8litre of warm water in the solution tank.
- For stained plastic ware, dishes, dish rags and dish towels add 30ml/g to 60ml/g to the container to be cleaned or to the dishwater and soak for at least 15 minutes.
- To keep your drains and disposals clear and smelling fresh add 30g/ml in 240ml/g of hot water and allow solution to sit in drain overnight
- COFFEE POTS
- To de-stain your coffee pot, add 30g/ml if 02 Pre-Wash into a coffee pot of hot water, soak 1015minutes and rinse thoroughly.
- To eliminate mould, mildew and other organic stains, mix general cleaning solution in a squirt bottle and apply with a soft cloth, let stand 10-20minutes, wipe and rinse thoroughly. Cutting Boards, Tupperware, and Kitchen Counter Tops
- To clean and deodorize your whole kitchen use a general cleaning solution and apply with a soft cloth, squirt bottle or sprayer, let stand 5-10 minutes and rinse.
- For extra strong stains, soak item with an extra strong solution for 15-20minutes, rinse thoroughly
- For septic systems add 120ml/g of Pre-Wash toilet and flush into the septic system twice a week. For toilets add 90g/ml, wait for 15 minutes then scrub.
- For shower curtains soak in 30g per 3.8 litre of hot water, for mildew stains soak overnight.
- For bathtub and shower use make a paste with hot water, scrub with cloth or sponge, wait 15 minutes then rinse or use
- WATER DAMAGE CLEANUP & MILDEW REMOVAL
- To remove mould and mildew prior to painting or to clean up water damage, mix a soaking solution, apply to surface, and scrub with a brush or sponge. Let stand 20-30 minutes and rinse thoroughly.
- INDOOR-OUTDOOR CARPETING, FENCING, CONCRETE, SIDING, WOOD DECKS, AND STUCCO.
- To remove weathered stains for wood decking, fencing, siding, concrete, and stucco, use a general cleaning solution and apply with a clean lawn sprayer. Let stand 10-30minutes, scrub if necessary and rinse thoroughly.
- Or mix a general cleaning solution in a bucket and apply with broom or brush, then scrub and rinse thoroughly
- FIREPLACES & BRICKS
- Use the general cleaning solution and apply to fireplace or bricks with a scrub brush or broom and allow standing 10- 20minutes and rinsing thoroughly with fresh water.
- Scrub before rinsing if necessary
- For deodorizing garbage cans add 15g/ml per 3.8litre of water and let soak. For garden furniture add 60g/ml to hot water, scrub, wait 15 minutes, then rinse. For all weather carpeting add 120g/ml to 3.8litre of warm water scrub with a stiff broom, wait 20 minutes and rinse.
- To de-stain and deodorize carpets add 30g/ml Pre-Wash per 3.8litre of carpet shampoo prior to cleaning.
- For tiles add 180g/ml per 3.8litres of hot water, spray on tiles, wait 15minutes then rinse. For mops add 90g to 3.8litre of hot water, soak overnight then rinse.
- For mildew removal or to clean basement floors after water damage from flooding add 120g/ml to 3.8litre of hot water, scrub surface, wait 30 minutes then rinse.
- To clean and deodorize cat litter boxes soak them in 902g/ml if Prewash per 3.8litre of water for 20 minutes then rinse.
- For urine, faeces or vomit stains on carpets or upholstery add one teaspoon of 02 Pre-wash to 240ml water, wipe onto stain, wait 10 minutes the rinse
- To clean and deodorize coolers add 60g/ml of powder per 3.8 litres of hot water soak for 20 minutes, then rinse, for boat sails, cushions, ropes, camping gear, tent sets add120g/ml per 3.8 litres of hot water soak for 30 minutes then rinse
|Back||Back to top|